Monday, March 15, 2010

Signature Style


I've always said if the house was on fire, I would grab the rose painting.
It was our first purchase of original art, about 15 years ago. It was painted by a local Sunday Artist in 1902. I can never get rid of it!

Vicky at Room Service - Decorating 101 recently did a post about "Signature Style."
She took photos of things in her home that she has had for years, loves, and cannot get rid of because of sentimental reasons. Read it here.

She asked her readers to do the same and link back to her, so here goes Vicky!

This little curio cabinet has been with us for at least 20 years.
I'm not particularly in love with it still, but it does serve a purpose:
to hold my ever increasing collection of dishes.

This pine hutch pretty much defines my "signature style."
I bought it from Ron Morgan, a San Francisco floral designer and antique dealer back in the 80's.
It has followed me everywhere and now lives in our home in the Wine Country.
I will never get rid of it either!

This chair was purchased in Eugene, Oregon in 1979!
I have reupholstered it several times, as well as slipcovered it too!
It lives in the sunroom and is where I sit everyday to read or blog.
It has such sentimental value to me and I will always have it.
I think it's time for a new look though, don't you?

This old oak secretary was my first antique purchase when I was very young.
It cost $200, and I had to make layaway payments!
It has followed me everywhere, and if you look in the drawers, it would be like a time capsule of my life! It lives now in the guest room and houses some of my books.

Last, is this chicken. I've had her forever too.
She reminds me that someday, I will have real chickens!

In case you missed the post Vicky at Room Service - Decorating 101 wrote about me, click here.
Thank you Vicky! I am very flattered.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More