Friday, May 28, 2010

Our Wine Country Guest Room


This is our guest bed in our weekend home in Asti. Although it is for guests, we end up sleeping here most of the time!

The reason? We sleep better here than anywhere! I want it to feel like being pampered at a fine hotel.The mattress is no longer available, and I cannot even remember what brand it is, but for some reason it is extra soft. Like sleeping on a cloud. I found the high thread count sheets at TJ Maxx. They're like silk.

I bought this pillow from Leeann at Fabulously French.

It is so quiet here. No airplane noise, no cars, no television, just silence. There is a little collection of vintage books on the dresser to peruse.


I've stocked the bathroom with fluffy white towels and scented soaps.

In the morning, it's so nice to sit in here and have our coffee.

And enjoy this view from the french doors.

Can you tell I'm looking forward to the long weekend? We will be celebrating our 28th wedding anniversary this weekend. Three full days of quiet. Three full days of doing nothing but watching the birds and maybe a little gardening.
I can't wait!

I'm linking up to Cindy and My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday, and Laurie at Bargain Hunting With Laurie for Favorite Things Saturday.

Don't forget to enter my giveaway here. I will announce the winner on Sunday.
Wishing everyone a wonderful, relaxing three day weekend.
Happy Memorial Day.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More