Friday, August 12, 2011

Centerpieces That Inspire Me



Style Me Pretty
Just as I'm always looking for tablescape inspiration from magazines, blogs and designers, I'm also on the look out for centerpieces.


Here are some ideas from my file, plus a few of my own favorite creations, starting with this simple bouquet in a mason jar tied with twine. Simple and sweet.


I like the country fresh style that jars lend, and how they don't dominate the table like an important arrangement in the center would.


Style Me Pretty
I've noticed they are becoming quite popular for wedding centerpieces. The trend is to march them down the center of the table. They're low enough, allowing for conversation.


Vignette Design
This is my version of the mason jar centerpiece. It's a huge jar wrapped in wicker and I love how it showcases the lilacs from my garden.


House Beautiful
Let's look at some traditional centerpieces from my favorite designers.
This elegant arrangement was created by Marshall Watson.


My favorite. Massed roses and crystal.
Of course, it is Ralph Lauren!


House Beautiful
Joe Nye used teacups for this centerpiece.
They could be placed at each setting, or lined up down the center of the table.
Great for a shower!


Beaux Mondes Designs
One of my favorite designers and tablescaper extraordinaire is Julio from Beaux Mondes Designs.
I love how the flowers pick up the colors in the tablecloth.


Vignette Design
I created a similar arrangement last year for our gourmet club table centerpiece, using this shell encrusted compote. I gathered flowers from the garden which also pick up the colors in the runner.


Here is an informal bouquet of white hydrangeas made formal with the use of a silver coffee pot container.
This would also be a great centerpiece for a shower or wedding.


Country Living
Here is another cute idea for a shower or wedding centerpiece.
Flower spheres on cake stands.


Vignette Design
One of my favorites, I created this arrangement of roses in a wine bucket for Mr. A's wine club dinner last year.


Vignette Design
For another all male affair, I created this simple arrangement using another wine bucket.


A completely different look!
If you have been reading this blog for a while, it's no secret that I love rustic elements.
This simple arrangement speaks to me because I can imagine so many possibilities for the plates and linens.
Perfect for an Autumn tablescape.


Another Fall centerpiece idea. I love this so much, and plan on creating a similar arrangement for the afternoon tea I'm hosting in October.


Vignette Design
Last Fall, I created this centerpiece, using real and faux fruit, including grapes from our garden.
I call it "Abundance."


I've had this idea in my file for a while, and can't wait to try it for a Holiday tablescape.
It says Winter to me!


Vignette Design
Another one of my creations! It doesn't need watering, so that's why it's perfect in Asti!
It can be gussied up with flowers tucked here and there if need be.


Vignette Design
Last, but not least is my favorite centerpiece at the moment.
A rustic metal flower box filled with succulents!


Wishing you all a fabulous weekend!




Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More