Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Tablescapes That Inspire Me



House Beautiful
I'm always on the look-out for new ideas and inspiration for my tablescapes. From designers to bloggers, there is always something new to learn. Here are a few from my file, plus a few of my own that are my favorites.


I love the turquoise table above by Tory Burch, with the juxtaposition of rustic vs. elegant. The bamboo flatware adds punch to the mixture of blue hues.


House Beautiful
Joe Nye also used bamboo flatware in his jewel tone tablescape. I like the yellow cabbage leaf majolica with the blue transferware. Very elegant!


Vignette Design
Tory Burch and Joe Nye's use of faux bamboo influenced me to use it in a tablescape I did last summer featuring Provençal linens.
They were a bargain from Ross!


Of course, nobody does it better than Ralph Lauren! Huge inspiration for me!
Pattern on pattern. Layer upon layer, he is the king of mixing it up.


Vignette Design
Pattern on pattern. Layer upon layer, mixing it up is what I like to do as well!


Another Ralph Lauren table.
Silver and crystal with white plates and textured linens. Yes!


Vignette Design photo
Here is a similar tablescape using the same flatware, chargers and plates featured at the Ralph Lauren flagship store in NYC.


Lisa Ruby Ryan does the same thing with this table.
Textured linens, white dishes, crystal and silver.
What a fabulous idea to use a breadboard as a charger plate! Love it!


Vignette Design photo
I love the combination of textural linen with the smoothness of silver, ivory and crystal in this setting designed by Terri Long and Lisa Dell 'Osso.


Vignette Design
Here is one of my favorite tablescapes that I did last year.
An attempt at keeping it simple! It's all about texture.


This simple table setting is made more interesting with the runners laying across the table.
A couple of simple bouquets is all that is needed.


Ash Imagry
How cool is this table with the madras plaid runner on burlap?
Perfect for a beach theme.


House Beautiful
Bunny Williams set this table for a luncheon in her conservatory. I love all the succulents and ivy, and of course, the rustic stone table.


When I saw the pebble placemat, I thought of so many possibilities for tablescaping!


This tablescape was a huge influence on me. It was the inspiration for a table I set for my book club dinner last December.


Vignette Design
I used classic books for the centerpiece.
The place cards were book marks that I made from upholstery webbing, which my guests took home. The napkin "rings" were pages from a book, tied with twine.


Vignette Design
Tablescaping runs in the family!
All three Arabian sisters-in-law love dishes and love to set a fancy table.
Ann set this table for a birthday luncheon for her Mother using her wedding china.
Her centerpieces are always incredibly creative, and inspiring to me as well.


Vignette Design
I recently set a table using these dishes from the flea market.
I bought them as a gift for sister-in-law Mary to add to her collection of this Johnson Bros. pattern. But first, I needed to do a tablescape!
Today, I'll give them to her when we meet for lunch to celebrate her birthday.
I have no doubt she will set a fantastic table of her own, probably for Thanksgiving!


I'm joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday.
Another place that I find lots of inspiration for creative tables.


Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More