Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Sunroom Reveal and the New Grain Sack Chairs


Remember these chairs in the window of this store in Santa Fe?
Well, Mr. A bought them for me!
They were finally delivered last week. I had no idea where they would go, but Mr. A insisted that I would find a place. That's his philosophy: if you love something, you will find a place for it. Hmmmm, let's just see....

He really liked the vintage fabric upholstery and original embroidery on these chairs. So did I, but I knew that something would have to go if we bought them. I had a feeling it would be my favorite chair.

So, after the chairs spent a week in the garage while I contemplated their fate, I finally decided to try them in the sunroom.

It meant moving things around and retiring my favorite chair. This corner is where the red gingham checked chair lived. Since it had a matching ottoman, I'm trying to make it work with the new chairs.

I moved the gingham chair to the corner where my oldest and favorite chair lived. It's a tight squeeze, but as you can see, there is no room for that matching ottoman.

The new seagrass rug replaces the black floral one. Eventually, I would like to get wall to wall seagrass in this room, but water comes in under the old French doors...

From the sunroom, looking in to the dining room.

The console table sits between the chairs. Although it doesn't relate to the chairs, it is what it is, because there is no where else for this table!

This is the vintage tole chandelier that hangs in the room.
I found it at an estate sale years ago and still love it!

So now this is where my "blogspot" is! My old chair has been moved upstairs and retired to a bedroom.

Goodbye my old friend that has followed me from house to house since 1976!
I remember when I bought you in Eugene, Oregon at a thrift store for $50. I remember every fabric I upholstered you in and slipcovered you in!
R.I.P.

The sunroom may be a little crowded, however, it is my favorite room in the house.
I'm really liking the changes!

I'm joining Kim at Savvy Southern Style for "Wow Us Wednesday."
I'm also joining Sherry at No Minimalist Here for her Open House party.
On Friday, I'm linking up to Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More