Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Anduze Pots


The French vase d'anduze originated in Provence in the 16th century. These urns are still being made today by artisans the same way their ancestors did.

They are called Anduze pots because they are made in the small quaint town of Anduze in the South of France. I am in love with the shape and form of these urns, and have been on the hunt for a pair for quite a while.

Oh, be still my heart! I love this red one!

For all you turquoise lovers right now, here is the perfect distressed urn.

This color green is what I'm really looking for though. All the images above can be found at Authentic Provence Garden Antiques here.

I ended up buying this pair of urns from Big Daddy at the Alameda Antique Faire this month.
I swear they weigh 150 lbs. each! Mr. A and I had quite a time getting them to where they are going to live.

The plan is to replace the cement urns. Although they are smaller, I think these two green Anduze pots will be more of the look I want.

Transplanting the soil and flowers from one urn to the other will be quite a job.
I'll let you know the final result later, as this is as far as we got with the project!

If you love Anduze pots like I do, be sure to check out the beautiful Authentic Provence website. They specialize in all things provencal, from fountains to limestone flooring, and of course Anduze pots!

I'm linking up to My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday, and Bargain Hunting with Laurie for Favorite Things Saturday. Thank you Cindy and Laurie for hosting.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More