Saturday, October 23, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Florentine Windows


Looking up, there are so many windows or finestras. Most of them remain shuttered, but I'm on the lookout for the pretty ones. Windows that have been decorated with plants or beautiful curtains. Windows that speak to me, like the one above.

And this funky window with the ivy climbing up and around.

A lovely arrangement in a window box looks quite elegant in front of this ancient window.

A winning combination: stone and flowers!


What a surprise to look up and see this window at night with the celestial painted ceiling!

Back to my favorite window and balcony.
There is so much inspiration here, and it's nice to slow down and really take it all in. When we traveled before, we were always on the go. This time, we are just relaxing and enjoying our stay. Also, having a camera forces me to see what I might not have noticed before--like these beautiful windows!

I'm joining Laurie at Bargain Hunting With Laurie for Favorite Things Saturday!

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More