Saturday, October 2, 2010

A Pumpkin Windowbox


Our local grocery store has such lovely and interesting pumpkins for sale. So of course, I went a little crazy buying all the varieties and sizes to decorate our home for fall.
Inspired by the pumpkin window box in the previous post, I attempted my own version with all the new pumpkins I bought.

The window box is by our back porch, under the kitchen window. Ivy geraniums are already growing there, so I just tucked little gourds and pumpkins among the vines.

Then I added fall leaves, bird's nests and a couple of candles for good measure!

Not exactly like my inspiration photo. Right?

Hey, I tried!

I'll leave it all there for a few days, but probably will end up just filling in with new plants for fall color. The pumpkins will find a better home elsewhere.

Like the fireplace mantle!

I did plant new ivy topiaries for the urns though, and found a nice variety of heirloom pumpkins to display on the porch.
Enough for today....Will resume tomorrow!

I'm joining Laurie at Bargain Hunting with Laurie for Favorite Things Saturday!

I'm also linking up to Southern in my Heart for Inspiration Friday and Color Outside the Lines for Vignette Friday. Better late than never....!

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More