Thursday, September 30, 2010

Decorating With Pumpkins


I can't believe it's October already! Time to think seriously about decorating for fall.
I went to Half Moon Bay this week to buy pumpkins, mums and topiaries to decorate our home for the season. I'm not quite ready to show the final result yet, but here are a few of my inspiration photos.

I love this fall arrangement above with the dried flowers and pumpkins. No need to even plant this flower box.

Same for this flower box. It's just a simple collection of green pumpkins, which I love, and gourds.

An old wheel barrel with stenciled pumpkins is perfect for greeting guests on the porch.

I like this one because of the variation of pumpkins. I'm not a fan of orange, so white and green pumpkins are a nice departure from the traditional orange pumpkins. Besides, I think they look more elegant!

An old bird bath becomes a gorgeous centerpiece for this collection of heirloom pumpkins.
How beautiful is this!

I like how this urn has become a pumpkin lantern.

And finally, just putting a collection of gathered pumpkins in all colors by the front door with dried branches and leaves is enough to greet your guests.

Happy October!
Now go out and get some pumpkins!


Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More