Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Words!


Words!










French Words!



Italian Words!

Numbers!



I don't even know what to call my collection of words and numbers. Bistro Ware? English Ironstone? French Enamelware?
Whatever, I love the simplicity of the bold lettering on the white ironstone or enamel.

Most of my collection is in our wine country kitchen. It just seems to fit there.

Although, the two porcelain slabs in our kitchen at home work well there too. I like how it mixes with the French confit pot, giving the kitchen a French Country look.

CDT: FAVORITE ACCESSORY-NOW IN STOCK

The ironstone slabs are hard to find, and mine are reproductions. Joni at Cote de Texas recommends on her website these ironstone slabs found here.

Here's where I found some of my "words:"

English Ironstone slabs: Sonoma Country Antiques and Ebay
"Coffee" cups: Crate and Barrel
"In Vino Veritas" plates: Restoration Hardware
"Bistro" demitasse cups: Pete's Coffee

Everything else was found at either flea markets, antique stores, TJ Maxx, Marshall's or Ross!

In the meantime, here is what I'm loving right now!

I think it will be a nice addition to my collection, don't you?

On Friday, I'm linking up to Artie at Color Outside the Lines for Vignette Friday.
I'm also linking up to Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday.
Be sure to check out these parties for inspiration!

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More