Sunday, September 12, 2010

Etched in Glass


Look what I found at HomeGoods! I couldn't believe my luck when I found these etched water goblets. Un verre d'amitie or "a glass of friendship!" There were ten of them, and I bought them all! (Glasses don't last long around my house!)

I soon realized that I now have a collection of etched glasses and objects like this wine glass above.
There are four of them and were a recent find in a cute little wine country shop.

At the same shop, I found these water glasses with the metal holder.

Here is a close up. I love these! They are a reproduction of glasses from the French bistro "Au Petit Tonneau" in 1908.

Looking around, I realized besides etched glasses, there are a few other pieces in my collection like this cheese dome, etched with the words "Le Jardins Botaniques du-Roy."

And my prized etched fleur de lis dome.

A water bottle etched with "familia" completes my new found collection.

Not everything in my collection is new. This vintage goblet is one of two bought at an estate sale years ago. I keep hoping someday I'll find more of these, but it's a long shot!

How do you feel about etched glass? Do you love it as much as I do?

I'm joining Mary at Little Red House for Mosaic Monday. Be sure to stop by and see more collages and mosaic inspiration.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More