Thursday, September 23, 2010

Hall Trees, Always Lending a Helping Hand!



The hall tree is one of those pieces of furniture that never goes out of style. Whether greeting your guests in a grand entryway, or holding your boots in the mudroom, the hall tree is an essential piece of furniture that just "keeps on giving."

There are so many styles and configurations of hall trees, but my favorite is vintage faux bamboo.
This hall tree lives on a veranda holding hats and scarves.

This one sits in a living room and holds the owner's collection of hats from Viet Nam. It is a lovely faux bamboo piece and fits right in as a decorative piece. This room was designed by one of my favorite designers, Lynn Von Kersting. She seems to like hall trees in her decor as much as I do.

This antique piece is doing it's duty in a small cottage. Although there is no entry, this hall tree establishes the feel of an entry, especially with it's "open arms."

This is our hall tree on the stair landing last spring when I posted about our entry here.
I've had this piece for over 20 years and it has always found a place in our homes. I even put it in a bathroom in a previous house. It held towels on the bottom shelf and I hung my necklaces on the hooks.

Not all hall trees need to be antique. In fact, there are some really cool contemporary ones out there that are very functional and attractive like this one from Pottery Barn. I love this!

Restoration Hardware has this version of a hall tree that would look wonderful either in a mud room or an entry. It comes in several sizes.

Another contemporary hall tree/storage bench. Perfect for a young family. Shoes can be stored in the bench, coats on the hooks. Organized! Hmmm, I think my daughter could use this....

Would a hall tree fit in your home? Do you need a little extra help keeping your home organized and uncluttered? Front door, back door, bathroom, even the laundry room, a hall tree might be your solution.

Here is one last shot of my hall tree, taken today. Notice the little cow picture?
More on that later.....

I'm joining Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday.  Be sure to check out her blog and wish her a Happy 50th Birthday!

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More