Saturday, March 5, 2011

H. D. Buttercup, The Furniture Marketplace


H. D. Buttercup opened their doors in San Francisco recently, and I finally paid a visit. All I can say is "Wow!"

30,000 square feet of "something for everyone." I took the liberty of photographing some of my favorite pieces like this sofa slipcovered in a French linen stripe fabric.

What makes this store different from other furniture stores, is that if you love a piece, you can take it home right then and there! Their merchandise changes daily, even hourly, so you never know what you're going to find.

Of course, they do have custom options too. But H. D Buttercup's philosophy is that furniture shopping shouldn't take place by turning the pages in a catalog.

They also believe that "your home is a reflection of your personal style. It's more than a single look, more than a single brand."

They carry such a diverse collection of furniture, lighting, bedding, rugs etc., all at different price ranges. I couldn't believe how reasonably priced most of their merchandise is.

I fell in love with this bookcase. It is really wonderful!

Although I can't recall the exact price of the bookcase, I know it wasn't more than $1500.

It occurred to me, that a person could instantly furnish an entire house in one day!
Love this chair? Great, wrap it up! How often can you do that?

And how often can you find unique, fabulous lighting like the pair of wooden chandeliers above?

Or this wood beaded chandelier....

This is where I found the turquoise chandelier that I didn't buy!

Sitting just under it was this turquoise velvet chair.
My head was spinning!

Another unique lamp.

I love this collection of distressed pottery lamps.

H. D. Buttercup also carries high end linens like Sferra, including Kelly Wearstler for Sferra and Pine Cone Hill. Their LA location has a showroom called Dream, featuring natural mattresses and fine linens.

What did I buy? Well, I was tempted to buy this coffee table for our living room in Asti.
We have been looking to replace the coffee table that came with the house for two years.
Mr. A wasn't too sure about it, but I do think it is unique and would fit perfectly there.

I ended up buying this little table for the pool house bedroom. I love how much it is weathered and think it will be a nice contrast to the vintage wicker one on the other side of the bed.
How great that we could just walk out with it!

H.D. Buttercup carries such designers as Ralph Lauren, Lillian August, Annie Selke, Lee, Patine, Cisco Home, Archepelago and Maison to name a few. Check out their website here.

H. D. Buttercup believes that designing and shopping should be fun!
I couldn't agree more!


Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More