Friday, March 11, 2011

Romantic Bathroom Vignettes


Lonny
The bath is another place to display a special collection.
I like the random collection on this tray of mini Chanel perfume bottles, silver brush and wicker covered flask, designed by Laurann Claridge

Here, lotions, potions and fragrances are all corralled on a silver tray.

Country Living
I love this romantic display of crystal and silver with the seashell studded frame in the background. It makes me want to recreate this vignette.

La Dolfina photo
My friend Lisa has quite a collection of sterling and some of it is displayed in her Master Bath.
I like how she carved out space in the wall and lined the shelves with matching black granite.
A perfect place to showcase her collection. She is now on the hunt for a seashell mirror!

Lonny
Bathroom shelves add more opportunity for display, such as towels, family photos, and bouquets. Design by David Cafiero

Lonny
This shelf rests right on the back of the toilet, housing a nice vignette of black and white and silver, designed by Eddie Ross and Jaithan Kochar.

I've always admired how Charles Faudree stages his bathrooms with his special objects d'art.

Another Charles Faudree vanity vignette.

To create romance, use crystal and silver containers to hold q-tips and cotton balls.
Think about showcasing it all on a silver tray or crystal cake stand. Design by Carolyn Westbrook.

Country Living
Even a simple vase of flowers adds a special romantic touch. Notice how the brass faucet has been allowed to patina. It looks wonderful with the gold leaf framed mirror.

Here is my personal bathroom vignette. As you can see, I tend to clutter my vanity. It doesn't always look this nice!
The triptych mirror is very old, and I like displaying my necklaces on it. An idea I picked up long ago, inspired by designer Mary Emmerling.

A shelf in my bathroom holds a romantic display of photos from my daughter's wedding.

And of course, what could be more romantic than lavender soap! It's such an indulgence, especially when accompanied by a long soak in a hot bathtub.
Continuing tomorrow, copper and chrome soaking tubs. . .

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More