Monday, November 9, 2009

The Dining Room



When we bought our house in San Mateo in 1999, the first thing I did was wallpaper the dining room in red toile. I loved it! But a year later, red toile was everywhere: fabric, wallpaper, bedding, dishes and even notecards. I still loved the red toile. Besides, it looked good at Christmas when we actually ate in the dining room! So I changed the curtains three times over the past ten years to keep the look fresh. From green velvet to plaid to the current brown floral.

Recently, I changed the wallpaper. This was a big decision. Should I paint? Should I go neutral with grasscloth? Should I transition from the apple green entry and pick a damask? I chose the damask. It really lightened things up and I think the brown floral drapes and captains chairs still go with it. In my attempt to lighten up, the rug was rolled up and down went a large seagrass rug. Christmas will still be lovely in the new dining room. In the meantime, here it is staged for fall.




Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More