Monday, November 30, 2009

O Christmas Tree


I'm joining Susan at A Southern Daydreamer for Outdoor Wednesday.
Check the box: We got the tree and put the lights and ornaments on. I always feel like once we have the tree, I can proceed with the rest of the decorating.

I have been collecting Santa ornaments for about ten years. So the tree is decorated with the collection, plus all the ornaments that have a woodsy theme. Although I don't like theme trees, I find that when decorating the tree, I gravitate toward the natural look. The skirt is just landscaping burlap that I wrapped around the bottom.

One of my favorite Santa ornaments. He is wearing an apple green felt coat trimmed in pinecones.

Another one of my favorites. This Santa is headed for the slopes! I found him in Calgary, Canada years ago. He was one of the firsts of my collection.

Another skiing Santa. How cute is he? He is wearing all white shearling and even has a burlap bag full of toys on his back.

This Santa is wearing a red felt coat with toggle buttons, lined with shearling. I love the detail.

Christmas is extra special this year because of our granddaughter Reese! She is 16 months old and full of wonder and curiosity. It will be so much fun to see Christmas through her eyes--the magic of it all.....


One of my favorite "natural" ornaments. Jute and burlap--no glitter! More Christmas decorating coming soon.....

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More