Friday, April 16, 2010

The Old Redwood


This magnificent Sequoia Redwood tree sits at the edge of our driveway, and is over 100 years old. It is definitely one of my "favorite things."

It provides a home for all kinds of creatures like this little guy!

So, I put this vintage St. Francis statue at the bottom of the tree. He is another one of my "favorite things," as he is my favorite saint, and the patron saint of animals and the environment. I like to think he is watching out for all the squirrels and birds living in the tree above.

"I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.
A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the earth's sweet flowing breast..."
~Joyce Kilmer, "Trees," 1914

I'm joining Laurie at Bargain Hunting with Laurie for "Favorite Things Saturday."
Be sure to visit her beautiful blog!

Another favorite blog party is "Weekly Words to Live By" at Notes From a Cottage Industry, which I'm participating in today. Stop in for lots of inspiration.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More