Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Still Life Tablescape


I have always been drawn to still life paintings, especially ones that depict both fruit and flowers together. This Vernon Kilns plate is a great example. It's called "Fruitdale."

I set the table with French elements, like the Provencal place mats, napkins and grain sack runner.....

.....and this antique French confit pot as a centerpiece. I found this pot in Houston and hand carried it on the plane home!

The flowers are yellow and white Gerbera Daisies and Sunflowers.

Little clay pots of herbs compliment the rustic setting.


These glasses compliment the colors in the plate. The bowl is light green, the stem purple, and the bottom is amber.

The teapot to this pattern is quite lovely with the little flower on the lid.



Faux bamboo silverware adds to the overall French theme.

This built in hutch is adjacent to the table.

One of my favorite still life paintings of fruit and flowers leans against the back. A rustic French bowl holds various grapes.

Moving the bowl next to the confit pot, I tried to create my own still life.

Daylight is fading.

The candles are lit.

Voila! Still Life With Fruit and Flowers!

It's Tablescape Thursday again! I'm linking up to Susan at Between Naps on the Porch.

I'm also linking up to Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday.

On Saturday, I'm linking up to Laurie at Bargain Hunting With Laurie for Favorite Things Saturday. Be sure to visit these three blogs to see what the other participants are featuring.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More