Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Fisherman's Luncheon


Since Mr. A is an avid fly fisherman, I decided to set a fishing themed table for an al fresco luncheon.
I used these salad plates from Spode depicting rainbow trout and salmon.

I layered them on a basic white plate, then set them on feathered placemats that I found in Texas. The bone fish knife set is a recent purchase from a consignment store.

For the centerpiece, I put daisies in a fishing creel and set a vintage fisherman on a stack of fishing books. I even put a couple of fishing rods on the table!



I used hand tied flies as decoration on the napkin rings. They are all unique and one of a kind. Some were tied by Mr. A!



I used my two vintage wine glasses with a hunting theme etched on the side. Wish I had more of these!


This fisherman is actually a decanter of scotch whiskey! Mr. A "inherited" it from my girlfriend's father who was also an avid fisherman.


What a lovely warm spring day, perfect for an al fresco lunch, celebrating Mr. A's return from a very long fishing trip in New Zealand.


Welcome home!

I have included a few photos of Mr. A's fishing trip to New Zealand. I was amazed how gorgeous it is there.

A beautiful stream seen from the helicopter.

The helicopter left them in this desolate stream to fish to their heart's content!

How beautiful is this turquoise water?

What a beautiful brown trout!

I'm joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday. Be sure to visit her to see more table settings, dishes and centerpieces.

It's Show and Tell Friday over at My Romantic Home, so I'm join Cindy for her weekly party!

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More