Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Here Comes Winter!


Here comes winter! Or rather we got a taste of it last weekend.
Wow has the weather ever changed since the last time we were in Asti nearly a month ago.
We haven't even had a chance to bring in the umbrellas and the cushions!

Or close the windows! There was water everywhere from the last two storms, warping the floor and pouring down the walls in the upstairs pool house.
We cleaned up the mess, turned on a portable heater and crossed our fingers that things would be ok.
Remember? I have plans for a romantic bedroom retreat up there, so I'm hoping there is no real damage.

Summer is just a distant memory now. In fact the summer bridge is now officially closed, which cut 15 minutes off our travel time. It will reopen the first day of summer.
I'm just not ready for winter yet!

Really though, winter is a ways off. I'm glad we still have a lot of fall left to enjoy. In the time since we have been gone, the vineyards have turned yellow and orange. Gorgeous!

I guess having a huge storm coincide with setting the clocks back wasn't good.
This is just too dark and dreary for me!

I'm joining Susan at A Southern Daydreamer for Outdoor Wednesday.

Don't forget to enter my one year blog-iversary giveaway here!

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More