Friday, May 27, 2011

The Romance Of Kilims


Pottery Barn
Kilims! I'm in love with them right now!

When I was in NYC, I took note of Ralph Lauren's California Romantic room, and how he used them layered everywhere, even draped over the coffee table. I was smitten!

High Gloss Magazine
Lately, I've noticed them a lot in kitchens, like this one designed by Jamie Meares.

I now have a kilim in my kitchen, and I love the new look. It is actually an indoor/outdoor rug from Pottery Barn. Just hose it off if it gets dirty!

House and Home
Kilims look great in traditional rooms, as well as contemporary rooms.

I like how Peter Dunham designed this library/dining room and anchored it with an antique kilim rug. It's the pop of color that this otherwise dark and monochromatic room needed.

Not all kilims are tribal designs. Some are floral, like this brown Bessarabian Kilim in our Asti guest house. Layered over the cement floor, it lends a little romance to the sitting room.

House and Home
Old Kilims make great upholstery for ottomans and cushions....

Ralph Lauren
....as well as great pillows like Ralph used in this rustic outdoor setting.

Kathryn Ireland used kilims as runners in this outdoor loggia.
I think this looks absolutely amazing!

I love it so much that I ordered the large version of my new PB indoor/outdoor kilim that is in my kitchen for the pool house loggia in Asti. It arrived yesterday, so stay tuned.

Wishing everyone a fabulous holiday weekend!

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More