Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Alameda Point Antique Faire


The first Sunday of every month I travel across the Bay to Alameda for the Alameda Point Antique Faire. It is the largest antique and collectible fair in Northern California with 800 dealers and 10,000 attending. I never fail to find something there!

Sunday, December 6th was very cold, but it didn't stop anybody! Imagine how excited I was to see THE Eddie Ross! He was leading a tour of the show and stopping at various booths, talking about what was being sold and what he would do with it. Here he is "holding court" talking about vintage bottles.

Well I was too shy and he was too busy to introduce myself. So I let him continue on with his tour and I got down to some serious hunting and gathering.

One of my favorite dealers is Big Daddy Antiques and they never fail to disappoint. They specialize in vintage and antique garden decor, as well as furniture, paintings, mirrors and unique objects for the home.

I love that pendant! And the linen upholstered chairs!

A really cool sconce mounted on a really cool door.

I wish I had a place for this table!

Here is another favorite dealer. I collect alabaster lamps and she usually has some wonderful ones. She also has vintage shell art, like shell studded mirrors and boxes.

Her booth is pure eye candy!

I love this settee upholstered in linen and burlap. However, I cannot bring another sofa or settee home!

But maybe I have room for another chair? Beautifully upholstered in vintage grain sack.

Speaking of grain sacks! This dealer specializes in vintage linens and pillows.

So many to choose from!

We stopped at this booth and met Carmella who makes unique pillows and lampshades out of vintage grain sacks. I bought two pillows from her, but she wouldn't sell me her garland! I tried though.

It turns out I already own two lampshades made by her. Her friend (peeking out) sold them to me at the Hillsborough show. What a small world! She also sold me my beloved St. Francis statue a couple of years ago. We had quite a gabfest and I'm definitely staying in touch with these fun ladies.

Mr. A loves collecting these Black Forest antlers. These were unique because they had the dates: 1930 and 1939. So we bought them!

The last stop before heading home was to visit Mike. He owns Healdsburg Classic Antiques, a huge antique collective in Healdsburg, California. We always stop in and say hi when we go to the Wine Country. Mike is from Ireland and loves to talk and tell a story.

The next show is Sunday, January 3rd. That's 2010.....! Weather permitting, I will be there.

I'm linking up to Susan at A Southern Daydreamer for Outdoor Wednesday. Check out her blog and the great posts she hosts for this weekly event.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More