Sunday, December 20, 2009

Maison Noel


Our friends Teresa and Glenn had their annual Christmas dinner party Saturday night. This is a much anticipated event for me on many levels. Besides being with dear friends for dinner, I look forward to seeing how Teresa has decorated their home for the holidays. Let me just say that it is magical and incredible!

Their home is the ultimate Christmas house. French Christmas House! On this credenza is an example of Teresa's attention to detail. The little photos are of her two sons from birth to present sitting on Santa's lap. They are now 22 and 19! I wish I had started this tradition.

The wooden Santas are just a few in her vast collection.

I love this lampshade! It's an example of the Provençal touches everywhere in the home. The lamp sits in the family room with vaulted ceilings and limestone mantle. If I didn't know better, I would think I was in France!

The living room has a lighter, more neutral pallet. I am loving the fabric on the chairs and the drapes. Teresa, like me has a thing for lampshades. The shades in this room are so elegant. Hmmmm, I wonder where she got them?

How beautiful is this bookcase? It is filled with classic leather bound books and objects d'art.

Dinner is served. In the dining room, Teresa's tablescape is just gorgeous. The candelabras killed me! I felt like I was in a French Chateau with the long refectory table, leather chairs and magnificent wooden chandelier.



The buffet all decked out with stone lamps and those wonderful shades. The trumeau mirror is perfect, as well as the iron sconces. Notice the mini white hydrangea pots.

Another table vignette of Santas and candles. Love that lamp!

Cute pine cone candles in this hutch. They're perfect in the little metal urns.

"Mettons-nous a table"

After dinner, I snapped a few more pictures. In the stairwell, is a most wonderful collection of antique oil dog paintings winding their way up the stairs.


We made plans over dinner for a girl's trip to Texas for the Round Top Antique Fair in the Spring. Here we are all excited about the possibilities. What will be buy? How will we get it home? And who will drive?
I'm hiding behind Teresa. Ricki is in front. She has no problem driving!

Thank you Teresa and Glenn for a most memorable holiday dinner party!

I'm linking up with Susan at Thoughts From Over the Rainbow for Deck the Halls. Visit her blog to see other wonderful Christmas Homes.

I'm also linking up with Susan for Outdoor Wednesday at A Southern Daydreamer. Be sure to visit her and see other indoor and outdoor inspirations.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More