Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Eve Supper




I'm joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday. The table is set for a Christmas Eve Supper. I used my fun Christmas dishes and mixed it up with tartan and toile.

Nothing too fancy for Christmas Eve. The plates are from Target, and I think they are so fun and playful. Christopher Radko designed them and they are still available.

The opposite view looking in to the entry and the living room.

I found these mercury glass containers and filled them with white roses and boxwood from my garden. I think it compliments the centerpiece.

The centerpiece is a silverplate wine bucket with deer heads on both ends. I purposely left it tarnished to compliment the mercury glass.




The setting including soup bowls. I envisioned the table waiting for our family's return from midnight mass. A large pot of soup is waiting, followed by a winter salad. Santa is soon to arrive.

Plates and bowls, Target
Mother of Pearl knives, vintage Sheffield
Tartan placemats, Marshalls, several years ago
Chargers, Bordello Pinheiro majolica
Silver, red wine hocks, napkins, wine cooler and vases are from my own collection.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More