Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Friendly Village Tablescape


This is the School House. No, it's not a print, but rather a plate from the Friendly Village pattern. Johnson Bros. introduced this pattern in 1953. I found the entire set, including the soup tureen at a flea market years ago. I bought them for resale for $100, but I couldn't part with them.

I know these dishes are being produced again as I've seen them at discount stores. Mine, though are at least 50 years old. You can tell by the backstamp which says Made in England.

The dishes evoke a winter scene which lends itself to Christmas, Thanksgiving and winter table settings. I always have fun playing with these dishes. All the pieces have a different scene!






The soup bowl has a covered bridge scene in winter.

The beautiful soup tureen with it's many scenes from the Friendly Village.

Wine anyone? I'm joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday. Come and see all the different tablescapes.

Chargers: A store in Tahoe City
Dishes: The Friendly Village, Johnson Bros., vintage
Stemware: Boopie by Anchor Hocking, vintage
Napkins: French flea market
Placemats: Target

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More