Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Year's Eve Dinner for Two


New Year's Eve is going to be very quiet this year. Just the two of us! I set a table au deux for tonight behind the living room sofa. The drop leaf table comes in handy for this.


The china is our wedding china, circa 1982. It is the "Henley" pattern by Aynsley. I'm not fond of this pattern anymore, but it was fun creating a table vignette with it, using gold chargers and layering the plates.


These are our toasting glasses, also from our wedding. I had them hand painted and loved them at the time. They will come in handy at midnight as we welcome 2010.

These copper colored mercury glass votives set a more modern tone and bring the whole setting into the new century!

The jardiniere holding the amaryllis is Weller Pottery. I think it compliments the china nicely.


It has been more than 20 years since I have used this china. I'm thinking it looks pretty good!

Mr. A has been aging this bottle of wine for 10 years. He set it set aside for our New Year's Eve dinner. Forget the champagne!

In setting the table with our old china, I couldn't help remembering the past and all the memories that went with these plates. The many dinners and holidays we hosted when we were much younger. I am looking forward to next year hoping it will be also filled with wonderful memories.

So without further ado, we wish you a
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Be sure to check out more fabulous tablescapes at Between Naps on the Porch, hosted by Susan.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More