Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Easter Brunch Tablescape


HAPPY EASTER!
Before I left for Texas, I set the table for Easter Sunday Brunch.

I used my vintage Johnson Brothers "Chintz" plates set on my tried and true cabbage leaf chargers.

The salad plates are vintage German majolica.

The "piece de resistance" is these little egg cups. I've been collecting them for years, and they are made in Portugal by Bordallo Pinheiro.
They look great with egg candles from Pottery Barn.


I found these chicken wire "placemats" that fit right in to the chicken theme.

Monogrammed napkins from Homegoods in pale yellow was a great find!
Mis-matched hotel silver completes the look.

The center of the table is set with three pairs of vintage chickens and lilacs from my garden.

In the middle is this painted wooden cakestand set with candles.

I also scattered some found bird's nests here and there.

Looking down the table at the place settings, set with purple goblets found at Salvation Army.


No bunnies at this table! Just these old vintage chickens.
I always wondered why the Easter Bunny brought eggs when I was a kid! I always thought there should be an Easter Chicken!

Oh my, these lilacs smell heavenly!

The "Chintz" platter is on display in the hutch for Spring.

Now when I'm back from my trip to Texas late Saturday, the table will be waiting for our family brunch the next morning.

I'm joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday.
Thanks Susan for hosting!

I'm also joining the Vignette Party over at Stories from A to Z.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More