Thursday, March 25, 2010

Faux Bamboo Furniture


This faux bamboo cabinet is currently my favorite piece of furniture.
It lives in the master bathroom, doing duty as a storage piece for our towels and just looking beautiful.

This is such a versatile piece. It would be wonderful filled with cookbooks in a country kitchen, or filled with linens in a hallway.

I love the feel that faux bamboo brings to a room, lending a traditional look and a touch of whimsy.

Of course, I have a "collection" of faux bamboo!
This is the first piece I bought many years ago. Currently it is under appreciated as a bookshelf in a guest room, but has been the star in a bathroom filled with towels too.

This little table is the star in the guest bathroom.
Another versatile piece, it can go anywhere.


Another faux bamboo table in the living room sits between these two chairs.
That's it for my collection.
Let's look at some more examples of faux bamboo:

This entry designed by Barclay Butera features this precious little faux bamboo cabinet.
I love everything about this room, from the grasscloth wallcovering to the shell mirror.

I wish I could remember where I found this picture.
This armoire takes my breath away! I love how it is filled with quilts and blankets.

The mirror in this bathroom is magnificent!

I love this headboard....

....and this bed, designed by Michael S. Smith.

Many faux bamboo dressers are topped with marble like this one....

....and this one.

This gorgeous dresser is from the Hampstead Collection for Williams Sonoma Home.

The collection features a bed, nightstand and two sizes of dressers.
It also comes in a white finish.

Adding a piece of faux bamboo to a room is a great way to give it texture and style. Being lightweight, it can be moved as needed and put to use in many situations.
I think it is timeless. Originally from the Victorian era, faux bamboo still has a place in our present day decor.

It's Show and Tell Friday and I'm linking up to Cindy at My Romantic Home.
Please visit her and see what the other participants are sharing.
I'm also linking up with my friend Laurie at Bargain Hunting with Laurie for My Favorite Things.

I'm linking up to Miss Mustard Seed's for Furniture Feature Friday.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More