Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Buy It!


Reese has a new word: "BUY IT!"

It was a beautiful sunny day in Alameda last Sunday--perfect flea marketing weather!
We headed across the SF Bay to the monthly Alameda Antique Fair with #1 daughter, son-in-law, and grandkids in tow, as well as her mother-in-law visiting from Colorado. It was a very fun day.

What my daughter Melissa soon found out is that you don't have your 19 month old child "try something out," if you aren't prepared to "BUY IT." Reese had a melt down when she realized she couldn't take the tricycle home. Needless to say, her mommy had to "BUY IT."

The only thing I was looking for was a pair of crusty, chippy fanback chairs for the reading room balcony. This one was too fragile and there was only one. Darn.

This was the busiest show yet. There were so many great booths too.

Big Daddy's Antiques is my favorite dealer here. He never disappoints. Just back the truck up, because you want to take everything home! I was coveting these columns!

And these wicker barstools.

Oh, be still my heart! A wine stave chandelier for candles! My heart was pounding as I knew this was a one of a kind fixture. Most of them are electric and this one would be perfect in our dining room at the Asti house. People were circling. I knew we might have to fight for it!

After much negotiations with Shane, Big Daddy himself, a deal was made and we decided to "BUY IT"

SOLD!

And so the chandelier obsession continues......
(I think I need an intervention!)

It's Outdoor Wednesday over at A Southern Daydreamer. That's where you will find me and others with our outdoor posts.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More