Monday, March 22, 2010

The Mud Room


The Mud Room. This is technically the "entry" to our house in Asti.
This photo was taken when we first moved in.

Another photo of the mud room last year.
We were fortunate to inherit this lovely antique "settle" from the previous owners, as well as the decorative wooden farm implements.

I found these grape botanicals at the flea market and framed them myself for over the bench. I also made some feed sack pillows to personalize the space, but those wooden farm implements were starting to bug me. They were always in the way and getting knocked off the wall.

The mud room last weekend.
Notice the difference?

I found this burlap sack at the flea market for $20 and framed it.
I don't know what this says in French, I'm just glad it replaced the wooden farm implements!

Since the walls are Venetian Plaster, there was no way to patch the large holes from the brackets that held the tools. The new addition hides the holes nicely!

Looking through the door from the side porch, I am loving the new rustic framed burlap sack.
For sale: one wooden rake and two wooden pitchforks!
Never been "used!"

I'm joining Kimm at Reinvented for the first time for "Trash to Treasure Tuesday!"
Please visit her website to see what others are reinventing.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More