Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patrick's Day Tea in the Sunroom


Happy St. Patrick's Day!
To celebrate, I am serving morning tea for two in the sunroom with my Irish Belleek tea set.

This little Belleek teapot is shaped like a seashell, with little seashell feet and lid.

I set the Irish Pine coffee table with a Fostoria cake stand and majolica vase centerpiece.
I'm serving banana nut bread for my special "guest."


The teacups are also shaped like a seashell. These are very delicate parian china Belleek
dishes with the old dark green maker's mark.


A close up of the little dessert plate.

After our morning walk, we settled in for our tea.

The creamer and sugar have shamrocks, but are not Belleek.

This little pot is Belleek though, filled with jam for the bread.

Here's my walking partner and "guest" for morning tea!
Dexter isn't Irish, but he loves banana bread and the attention.

"My, what a lovely table you've set!"

"Hmmmm, the banana bread smells delicious!"

Dexter and I love the sunroom.
He is usually asleep at my feet while I sit in here and read or blog.


I love to sit in here and watch the birds play in the fountain outside.

Here is my favorite chair.

Over a hundred years ago, this was an outside porch, which is why there is a tongue and groove ceiling. Eventually, it was enclosed with windows and doors.
I think it is my favorite room in the house!

Dexter and I hope you are enjoying your St. Patrick's Day!
Thanks for stopping by and visiting us ....

I'm joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for a St. Patrick's Day parade of wonderful Irish inspired tablesettings and more. Stop by and visit for Tablescape Thursday!

I'm also linking up to Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday.
There will be a lot to see at this party, so check it out.


Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More