Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Tuscan Inspired Tablescape


My inspiration for this table setting came from yardage of a beautiful Italian furnishing fabric that I found in the closet. The previous owners who had lived in Italy left it behind. I have plans to make pillows out of it someday. But for today, it is a "tablecloth."

Designed by Enrico Perroni, there was just enough fabric to cover the table.
I love all the oranges and yellows in this stylized print.

The print also reminds me of Tuscany, which is probably where the fabric was purchased.

The yellow lattice patterned dinner plates work perfectly with the print. The Portuguese majolica salad plates pick up the green rim.



I noticed the colors in the fabric were even repeated in my striped drapes!


Outside, looking in.

Inside, looking out.

The light is fading....time to light the candles.





I've been thinking of Tuscany a lot lately.
#2 Son is leaving a month from today to spend his fall semester studying in Florence.
This tablescape is getting me in the mood for when we visit him in October!

Dinner plates: Pfaltzgraff
Salad plates: Bordallo Pinheiro
Wicker chargers: TJ Maxx
Flatware: Pottery Barn
Steak knives: Laguiole
Placemats and napkins: Crate & Barrel
Confit pot: French antique
Lavender: from the garden!

I'm joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday.
Also, Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday.
I'm so excited to join Artie at Color Outside the Lines for Vignette Fridays
Thanks Susan, Cindy and Artie for hosting.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More