Monday, August 2, 2010

Succulents in a Suitcase!


Look what I found last weekend at Sienna Antiques in Petaluma.
Although this cement planter isn't an antique, I didn't care because I immediately had plans for it.

Cast from an old suitcase, this thing weighs a ton! I knew it would be great planted with succulents. But first, it had to find a permanent home as it is too heavy to move around.

I decided to put it on this outdoor coffee table. The top is marble, which is great because there are drain holes at the bottom of this container. I don't have to worry about protecting the surface.

After planting the succulents, I got the idea to tuck in some lichen covered branches.

I added the stone candlesticks, brought in a few linen pillows, and voila!
I'm so happy with the final result!

Can't wait to sit here this evening and enjoy the new table top vignette, the view and a glass of wine with hors d'oeuvres.

Mr. A and I are taking a few days off and staying in the country until tomorrow. It's nice to have the time to do a little project like this, and just putter around. We're enjoying this unusual cool summer weather which is nice for working outside in the garden.

I'm joining Susan today at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday.
Then on Tuesday, I'm joining Marty for Table Top Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life.
Also, I'll join Tiffany at Making the World Cuter for the first time.
On Wednesday, I'll join Susan at A Southern Daydreamer for Outdoor Wednesday.
Thanks Ladies for hosting!

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More