Wednesday, August 25, 2010

If The Lampshade Fits


I'm always on the hunt for cool lampshades like this one. I found it at an antique show. It is handmade and one of a kind.

This lampshade is made from a vintage grain sack. It was made by the same artisan as the one above.

I found this lamp and shade at a little boutique in Healdsburg. I've since put this shade on a large vintage alabaster lamp. They seem to compliment each other better.

My latest find at the flea market. Couldn't resist this one. It also casts a wonderful glow when the light is on. I put an amber bulb in this lamp, which makes it even more romantic.

This beautiful linen shade was a resale shop find! You just never know where you might find a treasure.

I found this treasure on Ebay! It is enormous and hangs over the kitchen island.
You can read about how we installed it here.

This handmade toile shade is on a floor lamp in the living room. Talk about romantic glow!

A fun leopard shade. There are four little paper shades on my sconces over the fireplace, adding just a touch of whimsy to the serious crystal fixtures.

This black shade is the only shade that works on this vintage one of a kind tramp art lamp. I have tried other shades, but black seems to compliment the lamp the best.

One of my favorite shades on my dining room hutch was a real bargain. A Target find, believe it or not!

Which brings me to my newest and most expensive "lampshade," costing me well over $100, thank you Dr. Sutter!
I think it is just a little too unusual and quirky for my taste, but proving that if the lampshade fits, then wear it!

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More