Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Christmas Tablescapes From The Past


Come take a walk with me down memory lane to see Christmas tablescapes from last year and beyond.

Christmas 2009.
I mixed and matched the red and green transferware, red and green goblets, red and green toile napkins, tying it all together with red tartan placemats.

Mason's "Fruit Basket" plates.

Mason's "Vista" plates.

The table was set for 14!

One of the first tablescapes I did when I first started blogging was this one. I couldn't wait to link up to Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday!

The table is set for a casual Christmas eve supper at the kitchen table.

Johnson Brothers "Friendly Village" plates.
These plates are vintage, collected over the years from flea markets, estate sales and antique stores.

I called this tablescape from Christmas, 2009 "Joyeux Noel" because the plates have a French Provençal pattern.
Narcissus and french angels from Pierre Deux make the centerpiece. I'm noticing the same vintage Anchor Hocking glasses in every tablescape so far....! Ooooops.

As you can see, I had no idea how to use my camera yet!
Still using a flash....

I read that it's a no-no to use a flash, so here is my attempt without one. Not good!

A few weeks later, another tablescape.
These photos are a definite improvement!


The plates are from Target, designed by Christopher Radko. They are still being produced, however the colors aren't as vivid.
I think they look great with the tartan plaid placemats. I can never get enough of tartan!

Christmas, 2008.
Johnson Brothers "Old Britain Castles" plates.
Same old chargers, same old stemware, same old napkin rings.
New Ralph Lauren needlepoint placemat and Pottery Barn burlap runner!

The centerpiece was rustic with the birch candles, birch vase and live cedar garland.

The dining room has changed a lot since 2008. The wallpaper is now green and the rug has been replaced with seagrass.

Christmas, 2007.
Pretty much the same as 2008, except the centerpiece was quite simple with white hydrangeas in red anduze pots, pine cone garland and no runner.

This year, we are expecting 20 for dinner! So, I'll set a table in the entry like I did here for a party last year.

For Christmas 2010, I'm envisioning tartan plaid! For a whole year, I've hunted for tartan dinner plates. I've managed to find 12. Not sure yet what to combine them with, but here are a few ideas I'm working on:






Oh, the possibilities are endless!

I'm joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday.
On Friday, I'm joining Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday.
Thank for taking a walk with me down memory lane!

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More