Tuesday, December 14, 2010

End of Year Book Club Dinner- A Tablescape


I'll admit that this tablescape isn't much different from the Christmas table I just posted.
That's because I'm too busy and lazy to create a tablescape from scratch for our Book Club dinner tonight!

Besides, I love the vintage wool paisley and the tartan plates together. I think they are perfect for a Book Club dinner. There are a few changes though...

I made book marks out of upholstery webbing for party favors. They also do double duty as place cards.

For the napkin ring, I tied twine around a page from an old book.

The centerpiece is just some of my favorite classic books stacked on the table. I used marble book ends on either end. Winter greens, burlap webbing and red mercury glass votives make it festive. A linen runner anchors it all.

If you're wondering why a dog figurine is front and center, it's because the book we are discussing tonight is about a family in the midwest who raises a fictitious breed of dog.

Have you read it? I'm still trying to finish it before this evening!
It's a little slow, but I love the prose.

I'm going to suggest we read a classic next. Maybe Moby Dick or Shakespeare?

How about Doctor Zhivago or a little William Saroyan?

I like the idea of sitting by the fire in January, reading in my favorite chair while it storms outside. I think Doctor Zhivago would be perfect. We'll see what everyone else suggests.

I'm joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday!
I'm also joining Sherry at No Minimalist Here for her Christmas "Share the Decor" party!
On Friday, I'm linking up to Cindy and My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday.


Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More