Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Tree Grove Tablescape 2010


Christmas Tree Grove by Spode, was the star attraction for my Christmas tablescape 2010.

A variation of the classic and most loved Christmas Tree, it is it's dressed-up cousin!

All season long, I planned on using my Tartan plaid plates. Until I fell in love with these!
Is it weird to fall in love with a plate?

Well, I did! And I fell hard! Smitten by a plate!

Mr. A was all too happy to call the newest set of plates my Christmas gift!
It worked for him--he didn't have to hit the malls!

A departure from the usual red and green theme, the Christmas Tree Grove pattern has a lovely border of roses in subtle colors, giving it richness and warmth.
I used a combination of red, purple and green stemware to bring out those colors.

I used Santa napkins from World Market last year. They compliment the plates perfectly.

For the centerpiece I used a brown linen runner layered with fresh greens. In the middle, a copper wine bucket with fresh flowers of the season bring out the brown in the plates.

Christmas Tree Grove by Spode. Isnt' she a beauty?


Plates: Replacements, Ltd.
Chargers: Target
Silverware and stemware, vintage
Napkins and copper wine bucket: World Market
Linen runner: Pottery Barn

I'm linking up to Marty at a Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday, then I'm linking up to Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More