Thursday, December 9, 2010

O Christmas Tree, How Lovely Are Your Branches


"O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree,"

"Your beauty green will teach me"

"That hope and love will ever be"

"The way to joy and peace for me."

"O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree,"

"Your beauty green will teach me."

While we were decorating the tree, I couldn't help wonder why year after year we put a tree in our house! I know the tradition started centuries ago in Germany, but it amazes me that the tradition is so incredibly strong still.

We long for tradition in our lives, and look forward to the ritual of cutting down the tree with our loved ones, or picking it out at the Christmas tree lot. Of pulling out the ornaments, some passed down from generation to generation. We remark how lovely the tree smells and how beautiful it is with the lights all aglow.

Sometimes, it seems like an overwhelming task to put the tree up, especially now with the children all grown. But it's worth it!
Every year we always say, "This is the most beautiful tree we have ever had!"
I think this year, it's true!

I'm joining Cindy at My Romantic Home for "Show and Tell Friday."
I'll bet there will be a lot of Christmas Trees featured this time, so be sure to visit!
On December 15th, I'll join Sherry at No Minimalist Here for her "Share the Decor" party.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More