Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Setting the Table with Christmas Dinnerware


It's time to pull out the Christmas china and set the table!
Most of us are familiar with this Christmas Tree pattern from Spode. Introduced in 1938, it has become the world's most recognizable and best loved Christmas china. Some of us even inherited these plates from our parents and grandparents.

Although I don't have the classic Spode plate above, I have this version called Christmas Tree Grove, also by Spode. Same tree in the middle, but the rim is what I'm in love with. It is my latest acquisition and I've promised Mr. A, it will be my last Christmas plate!

Christmas Tree Garland by Spode. Same tree, different rim.

Christmas Tree 70th anniversary plate by Spode. What a beauty!

Let's take a look at some more holiday themed dinnerware.
I've gathered quite a few of my favorites to show you:

Christmas Story by Mikasa

Christmas in the Park by China

Christmas Toile by 222 Fifth

Holiday Celebrations by Christopher Radko for Target
I've set a few Christmas tables with this pattern!

Victorian Christmas by Johnson Brothers

Old Britain Castles by Johnson Brothers
One of my favorites! I also have this pattern.

Accent salad plate in the Old Britain Castles pattern.




The Friendly Village, Christmas accent salad plates by Johnson Brothers

Cardinal Christmas by Royal Norfolk

Holly Ribbon by Royal Worcester

Grenediers by Bernardaud

Holiday Garden by Martha Stewart

O'Tannenbaum by Oneida

Holiday by Lenox, another classic.

Season's Greetings by Lenox

Holiday Tartan by Lenox

Tartan Christmas by Signature

McLean Tartan by Ralph Lauren

Country Plaid by Fitz and Floyd

Tartan plaid plate by Pacific Rim.

Classic Tidings by Target
Of course, I had to have these!

I have found that besides Ebay, Replacements, Ltd. is the best source for vintage and out of production patterns. Believe it or not, Amazon has quite a few patterns available too.

I actually like to mix and match my holiday china for a layered table. Both of the patterns from Target mix very well, and we all know that Tartan goes with everything, including transferware! This year, I'm planning to use the Spode Christmas Tree Grove and layer Tartan salad plates over them. So many possibilities!
Do you set the table with holiday themed dishes, and if so, what is your pattern?

I'm linking up to Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday!
Be sure to check out this week's Christmas tabletop entries. Who knows, there may be a few of the above plates featured!

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More