Thursday, January 27, 2011

Decorating with Green


Green is probably my favorite color, simply because it seems to go with everything. I treat it like a neutral.

The possibilities are endless when decorating with green. There are so many different shades and green compliments every other hue as well.

Except blue. I was always taught that green does not go with blue. Apparently that's not true! The blue sofa really pops against the chartreuse green walls, painted with Benjamin Moore's "Oregano."

Chartreuse green walls again. Jeffrey Bilhuber used Benjamin Moore's "Chic Lime" color, making the soft pink slipcovers pop.

Thinking about how we have used green in the past in our decor, I am reminded of "sea foam green" from the 80's. The wall above shows how sea foam green evolved into this grayed down green.

Like sage green. The soft sage green walls look patinaed which compliments the antiques in the room.

Then there is the fresh, crisp color, kelly green. I love how the green sofa fabric works with the black and white stripe walls on this loggia.

And I love the lacquered green walls in this living room! Green looks fabulous with orange, don't you think?

More green with black. The crisp black and white photos are perfect on this wall, painted with Farrow and Ball's "Minister Green."

Green gives this room a fun and playful feel with the painted mantel and patterned sofa.
Notice how it looks with yellow, but also pink. The ceiling is pink and the sofa has pink trim. Are those pink hydrangeas on the chair fabric?

White ironstone and floral plates looks extra special on this green hutch.

Speaking of plates, I'm loving this tablescape! Notice how all the green elements just pop on the pale blue and white tablecloth. I love the faux bois planter with succulents too.

When Mr. A bought this hutch for my birthday a few years ago, it had a pale yellow interior, which I eventually painted green. Notice the green damask wallpaper too? I love using green in my decor as you can see.

The entry is painted green, so it made sense to me to have it transition to the dining room with the green damask wallpaper.

To me, our green entry says "welcome!"

Remember Kermit the Frog? I can't forget his famous line, "It's not easy being green!"
I think he was wrong! Green is very easy; easy to live with, easy on the eyes, and friendly to all the other hues too.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More