Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Following My Own Advise!


Following my own advise from my previous post, I created a January centerpiece vignette for the dining room table. The runner is stenciled burlap from Bella Inspirations.

Dressing up the paperwhites are birch "sleeves" from Pottery Barn, last year. Birch pillar candles keep with the theme.

Mercury glass hurricanes and candleholders add a little glamour to the rustic centerpiece.

My favorite mercury glass candleholder though is this one, a gift from my special friend and fellow blogger Netierose at After Glo Vintage Baubles.

I am glad to put away the Christmas greens and flowers. I've been waiting a while to use the burlap runner, and no doubt it will show up again in a future tablescape!

The hutch got a January makeover too. Gone is the red transferware, replaced by neutral brown tranferware and white ironstone. More mercury glass, this time as mini vases holding white flowers, leftovers from the Christmas arrangements.

In the living room, the mantel is a work in progress. I got rid of the dried up cedar garland, but kept the burlap for now.

A few family photos are a nice transition from the Christmas mantel decorations.

Later, I'll put away the burlap and photos and simplify the mantel for Spring.
I'm not even thinking of Spring yet, but learning to love the simple beauty of Winter in January.

I'm joining Marty for her 46th Tabletop Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life.
I'm also joining Kim at Savvy Southern Style for her BTB Party for the first time.
Be sure and check out both blogs for lots of ideas and inspiration.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More