Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Pool House Bedroom Makeover


Here is a sneak peek at the pool house bedroom. It's not finished yet, but at least the children's twin beds are gone and the new French Academie queen bed from Restoration Hardware is finally set up.

I'm so glad I made the decision to put a queen bed in here. Almost everyone in my family said to keep the twin beds. I actually had ordered the French Academie beds in twin, then changed my mind a month later. Luckily they were all backordered anyway, so eventually this queen bed was delivered. We put it all together Saturday night. What a job!

The trunk from the Hillsborough Antique Show is a little too short, but for now it will do.
The sconces above the bed need to be replaced with sconces that have pull chains since the switch is now hidden behind the headboard!

I'm keeping the bedding clean and simple. The walls, now a bright yellow will be painted a neutral color. The curtains are French stripe linen, reminiscent of grain sack material.
My goal is a romantic retreat for guests.

Here is the "Before" photo.
The Vermont Tubs twin beds now belong to granddaughters Reese and Zoe.
Although I love this room, it just wasn't the romantic look I was going for. Also, no one wanted to sleep up here! After all, there is no heat, and the bathroom is downstairs....

...which is ok, if it's summer! Otherwise, one must brave the elements just to go to the bathroom!

However, I think it's worth the trouble!


The spa at the bottom of the stairs.

The pool house. That little square on the top is the bedroom.
The bedroom without heat, and without a bathroom!

The "After" photo.
Any takers?

I'm joining Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday.
A place where we can show our before and after projects!
Here is my before and almost after project!
Then on Friday, I'm joining Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More