Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thank you Kelley!


Kelley from The Polished Pebble nominated me for the Stylish Blogger Award!
Uhhh, I'm not so sure about the stylish part, but thank you Kelley for the mention.
Normally, I don't participate in tags or awards, but coming from Kelley, I couldn't say no!
If I could, I would nominate her!

Apparently, there are rules involved here. I must name 7 things about myself, and also nominate 7 of my favorite "stylish" bloggers. No problem naming 7 bloggers as there are so many that I follow and love. But, 7 things about myself? That will be hard....

Seven Boring Things About Myself:

I love dogs! No, I really love dogs! Especially Tibetan Terriers like the TT's above.
Aren't they beautiful? But I digress.....

I love books, and love to read. But you already knew that, right? I told you this would be boring! I'm trying!

I hate to fly. You do not want to sit next to me on an airplane! My loved ones have permanent damage from me squeezing their hands at take-off! Now, I just take a little "happy pill" and I'm alright.

That's only three? Ok, let me think.....

I love music. Especially live music. Especially good old fashioned rock and roll.
The old stuff, the new stuff and everything in between. I think I was a musician in my previous life, even though I can't play an instrument. Oh, but I love to sing!

Three more?

I don't cook. Which is weird, because my family loves to cook. My daughter is a chef and son is soon to be. My husband cooks every night. Don't get me wrong, I help out in the kitchen along side, but can't seem to figure out the whole preparation, timing and creativity with putting a meal on the table. I guess I don't really have to! Don't hate me please! Hey, I can set a mean table though.....!

I'm not very athletic. In fact, exercise is something I struggle with. I come from a family of athletes. My mother was a very accomplished water skier. My brother was a triathlete and pentathlete. My cousin was a famous long distance runner. Me? I am a walker! I walk the dog! And I just tried my very first yoga class. Can we say New Year's resolution?

Ok, this is really out there, but I love vintage pick ups! Someday I'll own one just like this, all polished up and ready to go to the nursery for plants. I'll have the dog with me, rock and roll blasting on the radio while singing at the top of my lungs!

I'm glad to get that over with! Now on to more important matters.
I nominate these 7 blogs for the Stylish Blogger Award because they all embody for me a true sense of style that is uniquely theirs. Talented and creative, here are The 7 Stylish Bloggers:

l love Dore's style. She is an artist and does white like no one else!

Jackie's blog is gorgeous--and she just celebrated a big birthday!

Terri has a knack for finding the most wonderful treasures, then finds just the right place for them.

Julio is my inspiration when it comes to tablescapes. They really should be in a magazine or a book.

I always learn something new from Kathysue! She makes me think!

I want Sharon's life. A beautiful country home in Normandy!

A lovely blog. LeAnn combines photos and music together beautifully.
I am always inspired.

Actually, that was also difficult. Because there are so many blogs that I enjoy and get inspiration from. Just look at my blogroll!

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More