Sunday, February 7, 2010

My Closet Makeover


Lauren at Pure Style Home is doing a series on "organizational projects" in her home throughout 2010 and is challenging others to do the same. I was so inspired by her coat closet challenge in January, that I decided to organize my own clothes closet. I'll be honest, I hate to hang up my clothes and my closet was a mess!

This is the BEFORE picture. I am so embarrassed! It looks "like a bomb went off" - as my Mother used to say! This disaster is a result of the aftermath of the holidays, lack of time and just plain laziness! I made a New Year's resolution to organize my home in 2010 too, so Lauren's challenge was perfect timing.

It took me a couple of hours. I ended up taking out six large shopping bags of clothes to donate. I'm so proud of my closet now!

Ta-da! The AFTER photo!
Thank you Lauren for inspiring me to get organized. I promise to keep my closet this way and not let it get out of hand again. You can read about Lauren's closet challenge here.

I'm linking up to Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday. Be sure to visit and view other before and after projects, probably much more inspiring that mine!

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More