Thursday, February 4, 2010

Collecting Ceramic Honey Pots


When I was young, my Grandma Carrie gave me a ceramic honey pot. I treasured it so much. Over the years, I would find one here and there in junk stores, or an antique store and buy it. Eventually, I ended up with a collection! So, for Show and Tell Friday, I'm featuring my honey bee collection!

This is the one my Grandma gave me way back when.

My Mother-in-law gave me this precious one. It is old Belleek.

Then I found these Belleek "wanna bees" later that were made in Occupied Japan.

As you can see, I have alot of "wanna bees" in my collection.

These two pots were made in Western Germany by Goebel.

A Goebel "wanna bee." Probably made in Japan.

The group of yellow honey pots on a pedestal.

I love these two brown pots! They go nicely with my majolica.

A tabletop vignette of brown, gold and tan honey pots.

Besides the honey pots, I also have other bee hive treasures. Like this pitcher with the honeycomb relief in green and yellow. I love the twisted handle.

And this little pitcher, also with a cool twisted handle.

Or my everyday creamer and sugar set.

There is even this brown tea pot which is a reproduction.

And this is where most of my bee hive collection "lives!"

I hope you have enjoyed my little "show and tell" of my honey bees.
I'm joining Suzanne at Privet and Holly for "Mrs. Magpie's Collector's Edition."



Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More