Monday, February 22, 2010

The Color Purple


"The even-tempered amethyst, said to prevent drunkenness, also helps keep those born in February on an even keel. It brings peace of mind and drives away enflamed passions and worries."

Since February is coming to a close, I decided to focus on the color purple for this week. The color I think of when I think of February.
Above, is the lovely vignette of amethyst glass that my friend Diana and I created a few weeks ago on her mantle.

Diana has beautiful amethyst colored glass and perfume bottles. I especially love the one above.


This one has a little jeweled top.

Speaking of jewels, I found these images of an amethyst necklace and ring that I would love!

How beautiful is this!

If it's true that wearing amethyst keeps one on an even keel and brings peace of mind, then I would love to wear this necklace or the beautiful ring below!

Come visit me on Thursday to see my "Amethyst Tablescape!"

I'm joining Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday.


Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More