Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Amethyst Tablescape for February


"The February born shall find
Sincerity and peace of mind,
Freedom from passion and from care,
If they, the amethyst will wear."

Since amethyst is the birthstone for those born in February, I decided to create a table setting using my purple transferware.

The photo above features the plate on a silverplate charger, a gift from my sister-in-law Mary.
Notice the farm utensils around the edge of the plate and the scene of a woodcutter and his family.

I found some bone handled knives and forks on Ebay last week. They compliment the ecru placemats and napkins nicely.

These chairs were just reupholstered with burlap coffee bean bags! Heavier and softer than regular burlap.

What could be better for a February tablescape than irises!

A close-up of the plates. They are the same pattern as my Rural Scenes plates except these are purple, and called "Pastoral Davenport" This is the plate with the woodcutter scene.

The soup bowl has a pastoral farm scene.

I remembered my purple majolica chargers and added them to the layers.

I'm afraid I never get tired of these amethyst wine hocks and water glasses!






China: Pastoral Davenport by R. J. Wilkinson
Purple chargers: Bordella Pinheiro
Silverplate chargers: Godinger
Amethyst water glasses: Fostoria
Amethyst wine hocks, ecru cutwork placemats,
napkins, cutlery, etc. from my own collection.

I'm joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday. Be sure to visit her and see more tablescapes.
I'm also linking up to Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday. Check out her blog to see all the other participants.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More