Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Brocante in California!


Last weekend we searched out antiques in every possible place. From Salvation Army to The Alameda Antique Faire and all the antique stores in between!

The Alameda Antique Faire was quiet because of Super Bowl Sunday. Fine with me!
I always make a point to visit Big Daddy Antiques. Shown here is one of their industrial tables and two incredible lanterns.

I thought this lamp was incredible too!

This center island for a kitchen is my favorite. If I ever remodel a kitchen from scratch, I would consider this. Can't you just imagine copper pots hanging from that rack? I think I would prefer the surface to be Carrera marble though.

This large birdcage was up for consideration.

I would have bought this cement della robbia but the dealer wanted too much money for it. It was also broken on the back. Too bad.

Isn't this a great idea for an urban "fire pit?" A pot of sand with votives. No pollution!

What we did buy though was this chair! Underneath are two wooden candlesticks.

Back at home, we assessed our damage! Not too bad really. Here is a close up of the candlesticks on the chair.

Close up of the chair detail. I love the fleur de lis of course!

So what else did we buy last weekend? Well, these purple glasses found at Salvation Army Distribution Center in Healdsburg were a great buy. Practically free!


A few pieces of "hotel silver" were also "free!"

I couldn't resist this Weller jardiniere, even though I have two of them already. This one was cracked, so it was also "free."

This chair was such a deal! I know I will find a place for it someday. Can't you see it in a bathroom?

I think I should get back into the antique and collectibles business! I let my space go a couple of years ago, and maybe it's time to find a collective again and start reselling my stuff!

I'm linking up to Susan at A Southern Daydreamer for Outdoor Wednesday.


Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More