Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Rural Scenes Tablescape


Just for fun last weekend, I decided to create a tablescape using the dishes on the dining room hutch. I imagined a table set for a casual lunch with our neighbors down the road.

My friend Diana found this plate at an estate sale and gave it to me for my birthday several years ago. I then went crazy trying to find more of this pattern! It is called "Rural Scenes" which was designed by Clarice Cliff for Royal Staffordshire.

I used a natural theme for this tablescape using twig placemats and worn wood candle holders, tray and containers for the paperwhites.

The napkins are French ticking.

The table is rough hewn teak--very rustic.


The pastoral scene on the plate is of woodsmen hard at work, with their wives and children watching. It is particularly endearing to me because my father was a lumberjack.

I love the border with the harvest tools and bee skep in brown transferware.


Looking through the pocket doors into the dining room.

Looking down the table toward the kitchen with all the candles aglow.

The candles all lit in the chandelier above.


The wall sconce.


More candlelight.

This pattern comes in mulberry, blue and red as well. I have the mulberry plates which are perfect for Easter.

The platter has a lovely pastoral scene of a man feeding chickens.

Another look at the hutch with the plates on display.

I'm joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday. Be sure to visit and see all the other participants and their beautiful tables.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More