Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Au Naturel Tablescape


I have been creating this tablescape in my mind for a couple of weeks now.
I wanted to focus on natural materials like burlap, linen and wicker, and a monochromatic color scheme of white and tan.

First, I set a folding table under the tent and covered it with a burlap tablecloth.


I used my wicker charger plates again from Ballard Designs, and topped it off with these lovely cream colored plates. They have a warm tan wash that compliments the wicker.

The French chairs recently reupholstered in coffee sack burlap fit in perfectly.
Underneath it all is an indoor/outdoor leopard rug.

Cream matelasse placemats and linen napkins complete the table.

The centerpiece is a vintage cachepot from my mother-in-law in white porcelain.

I tucked a clay pot inside with marguerite daisies and wrapped it all up with a burlap ribbon.

I couldn't believe my luck when I found this hanging candle holder at TJ Maxx. It looks old and I knew instantly it would be perfect for my natural tablescape.

Let's close the curtains and light the candles!

How romantic is this!


It would be so romantic to eat under the tent with the curtains drawn and the candles lit. In reality, it was cold and windy when I photographed this, but some warm night we will entertain friends and I'll recreate this au naturel and al fresco table setting again.

Ooops! (notice the matches)

Party table, burlap tablecloth, wicker chargers and rug all from Ballard Designs.
Wine stems by Vitrocolor, plates by American Atelier, and chandelier are from TJ Maxx.
Linen napkins and matelasse placemats from Tuesday Morning.
Silverware and cachepot are vintage.

I'm linking up to Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday.


I'm also joining Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday.
Thank you ladies for hosting!

I'm joining Kathleen at Faded Charm for White Wednesday also. Be sure to visit for more white inspired inspiration.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More